Poker cash games
Poker cash games – Get into the game via Veikkaus App
The poker rooms at Casino Helsinki and Tampere offer cash games every day. To participate in the cash games, you can use Veikkaus application or enrol directly with the poker room supervisor.
In the cash games, you use cash chips, which you buy directly at the table. You can exchange the chips for money at the checkout desk. Each poker table has a minimum buy-in. The cash games are also subject to the table stakes rule, which means that you can only use the amount of money that was on the table when the deal started. You cannot pocket any chips that are on the table, nor can you lend them to a friend, before the game at the table has come to an end.
We follow the all-in rule in both the cash and the tournament games, which means that you can check until the end of the deal, even if you did not have enough money for paying the bet on the table. In such a situation, you can place all the remaining chips in the kitty and be part of the kitty for the amount bet – for the amount in excess, a side kitty is made for the rest of the players in the game, one that the all-in players are not entitled to take a share of.
The most popular cash games in the poker rooms of our casinos are:
- Omaha Pot Limit
buy-in min €100 no max, blinds €2.5 / €2.5
buy-in min €200 no max, blinds €5 / €5
- Texas No Limit
buy-in min €50 max €350, blinds €2.5 / €2.5
buy-in min €100 max €1,000, blinds €5 / €5
Subject to popular demand, we also arrange bigger games and limit games. During the international tournament weeks in Helsinki, the cash games take place in Fennia Salonki. The rake from the kitty is 5%; max. €10/ kitty. If the game is not continued until the second betting round, we do not charge anything.
Bad Beat Jackpot – Winning by a losing hand
We have included a special Bad Beat Jackpot to all our normal cash games. We collect a one-euro Jackpot fee for each deal with at least five players, in case the deal continues to a second betting round.
Bad Beat Jackpot is launched when there are two or more hands that fulfil the launch criteria at the end of a round.
The player losing the hand is paid out 40%, the winner 20%, and 20% of the winning amount is distributed between the rest of the players participating in the hand.
- Omaha 5 and Courchevel: losing with four aces or better
- Omaha: losing with four jacks or better
- Texas Hold’em: losing with a full house including three aces and a pair of kings, or better. The losing player must use both of their cards.
- Seven Card Stud: losing with four fours or better.
- Sökö [Stud]: losing with a full house including three fours and any pair, or better.
The player losing the hand is paid out 10%, the winner 50%, and 1% of the winning amount is distributed between the rest of the players participating in the hand.
- Omaha 5 and Courchevel: losing with four nines or better
- Omaha: losing with four twos or better
- Texas Hold’em: losing with a full house including three aces and a pair of jacks, or better. The losing player must use both of their cards.
- Seven Card Stud: losing with a full house including three aces and any pair, or better.
- Sökö [Stud]: losing with a flush of five, the strongest card of which is a king, or better.
Ranking tournaments – To the finals with a weekly tournament score
In our weekly tournaments, players compete over ranking scores. A part of each ranking tournament kitty goes to the ranking kitty. More info and the ranking update
The great tournament weeks in Helsinki:
- Helsinki Freezeout, international tournament week held annually in January
- Midnight sun Poker, international tournament week held annually in June
- Fennia Grand Slam, international tournament week held annually in the autumn
- Pokerin SM, Finnish championships tournament week held annually in October – November
For all the tournaments, see Veikkaus’ tournament calendar